Well, hello again people. This is really something interesting. I recently upgraded my IE in Vista to version 8.
1. The overall performance of my IE was really good.
2. Liked the privacy browsing
3. Loads much faster that the previous version and much faster than Mozilla.
1. Slowed my computer down -- and I mean really slowed it!
2. Tried some of the fixes from the MS Support site -- with no results
3. Almost crashed my computer -- Luckily I had system restore activated
You would think that simply upgrading Internet Explorer would not cause an issue -- note that the way the browser integrates with the OS is as if it is the OS. I would strongly encourage backing up all your files before trying to upgrade anything.
Best is to wait till the commercial version has been released --